My name is Itzhak (Itzik) Ben Levy, and I am a Lean Expert consultant for implementing LEAN methodology in product development and project management. My main customers are: Israel Ministry of Defense MOD, Israeli Air Force, the main Israeli defense industries, and privet industries and organization.
I hold a BA in Mechanical Engineering, Technion Haifa, (1969), and master’s degree in business administration from Boston University (1991). Since 1969 I worked at Israel Aerospace Industries, (IAI), as mechanical engineer for 28 years. Later I worked there for additional 10 years in leading the implementation of LEAN methodology on project development and management in all IAI divisions and main suppliers. Since my retirement from IAI at 2007, I became a Consultant for improving project development and management processes.
My experience is implementing the following methodologies:
- Organization change management
- Kaizen events and workshops
- Toyota Production System tools (TPS) (40 tools)
- New Product Introduction, (NPI)
- LEAN Product Development, (LPD)
- LEAN System Engineering (LSE)
- VSM – Value stream and process mapping
- DFMA, DFX – Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- QFD – Quality Function Deployment
- Requirement Elicitation
- DTC – Design to Cost
- Risk Management
- IPT – Integrated Product Team
- Suppliers chain management and development
- Training and mentoring LEAN champions and facilitators
Till now, year 2020, during 23 years I conducted more than 2000 Kaizen events, workshops and courses in wide variety of companies and organizations. This work experience, enable me to adapt my knowledge for the customer needs improving development and project management processes.